Monday, March 23, 2009

AMNQ-Blog #12

"It's not just about breathing. It's about making yourself clear as water, honest and calm." (page 147)

Water has become such a big part in this book! The first sentence makes me thing about the time when Abba stuck Nadira's head underwater so that she would learn how to breathe underwater. When I was reading the second sentence it really stood out, it seemed like what ever her father taught her about breathing does not matter at all. The thing that does matter to her is being honest and calm when she tries to get her family a residency. Now that Nadira is taking more action then Aisha in their family I think if something goes wrong Nadira is going to think that it is all her fault. Kind of like when Aisha said it was all her fault when Uncle went to jail. I hope everything goes okay with Nadira and Aisha and their family (and Ali-Uncle!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Great Post, I'm using this in my final great big post!

    ~DaVaughn

    ReplyDelete