Sunday, March 1, 2009

AMNQ-Blog #2

"Look at those people.  They're all overweight and from their skin color you know they've got diabetes and high blood pressure and God knows what else."    (page 26)

While I was reading chapter 4 this sentence stood out to me a lot.  I think Aisha made a really rude comment about the people around her at the all you can eat buffet.  I found this really rude because she is judging people by their outside and not their inner beauty.  When I was reading the next few paragraphs in the book it started to talk about how Nadira is a little overweight too.  I don't think that Aisha should have made this comment in the first place knowing that her sister is overweight too. Besides the point of Aisha talking about the overweight people I thought that Marina Budhos did a really good job of describing the scene in the book.   

No comments:

Post a Comment