Thursday, March 5, 2009

AMNQ-Blog #4

A couple of sentences from chapter 6:
"'When I get my residency, will the man on the street look at me any different? Will I get a better job?' He leans over and stares at me, hard. 'Look around you, Nadira. What do you see? Everyone is going home." (page 44)

I really liked this because it was very descriptive and serious, I felt like I was a fly on the wall and I could hear and see everything that was going on in the room. I liked how the author did not answer the questions Uncle asked Nadira because it gave me a chance to answer the questions and not let me just go along with what Nadira would say. When Uncle asked Nadira the question "When I get my residency will the man on the street look at me any different?" I don't think that people will look at him any different. The reason why I don't think that anyone will treat him or anyone differently is because of his race, culture and what he looks like. I think that this stereotype should be "banished" because it is not nice and I think that some people are are being stereotyped get hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment